The basis for success of any organization is to provide a high-quality information sharing system for employees. To help our customers with this issue, we build powerful and extensive intranet portals offering easy control and helping them to quickly find and share the relevant information. Thanks to centralized data and information storage, the user may protect know-how created by employees, which may be weakened if an important employee leaves. The basic tool for our solution is Microsoft SharePoint, added with suitable extensions and customized development. This allows us to provide our customers with solutions for INTRANET, but also to build a comprehensive APPLICATION PLATFORM to centralize and distribute information from other information systems and data sources.
We have been using Microsoft SharePoint for our solutions for more than ten years, because this platform includes tools for easy portal construction and operation. As a standard feature, this platform also includes tools used for creation of individual pages, structure and privilege management as well as an option to deploy a robust solution for multi-server farms. The manufacturer regularly creates new versions which further expand user options offered by these technologies. Intranets built for our customers cover the following areas and tasks:
- Intranet – each company needs today a tool for targeted distribution of information among its employees and among other cooperating partners. The intranet portal usually contains important news, employee contacts, presentations of company policies and other important information. To successfully utilize intranet you need easy management/administration and an option to create clear presentations. Quick intranet construction processes are further supported by our own extensions, including a set of Intranet applications called Intranet Standard, as described further below.
- Team and project web sites – an inseparable part of a portal are websites allowing document, information and task sharing, preparation of joint calendars and other information overviews for the relevant department, project team or an interest group within the organization. If you use SharePoint, the actual creation and administration of web pages, including information upload is very easy.
- Social network tools represent a very rapidly developing area and allow companies to adapt their internal communication processes to modern trends of today. Tools used for information sharing and for know-how protection may also include discussion forums, WiKi sites, blogs as well as additional tools. This allows users to mark and evaluate the relevant content (assign tags).
- Display of data analysis may be a part of the relevant page used by a company department, or by an independent reporting center. These pages are, of course, connected to external data sources. Graphic data representations using PKI indicators, Excel Services and Visio Services allow you to create graphically clear and interactive online reporting boards used by management as well as by ordinary users.
- Application for document and information management – additional information is available in other sub-pages of the relevant webpage
A huge benefit for users is provided by search tools which use the full text feature to search the entire portal including metadata, but also other external data sources. They also help users to efficiently process search results by using features such as filtering, whisperings (auto completion) and other advanced search features.
To quickly build basic intranet applications, we have small applications eg. for:
- Centralization of tasks
- Publication of a list of employees and phonebook
- The presentation of news
- Publication of business results of the company and department
- Getting to know new colleagues
- Publication of banners
- Modification of information in Active Directory
- and other interesting web parts.
Document management (contracts, guidelines, invoices, standards, documentation)
In the framework of our projects we have also solved many requirements for management of different types of documents - from contractual documentation to project documents and invoices. Our solutions are based on Microsoft SharePoint technology to which we add our own extensions.
For our clients, with the help of SharePoint / Office 365 and other extensions (eg. Nintex Workflow) carried out many projects for document management, which was addressed not only to document workflow, but also the integration of libraries to other information systems (SAP, MS Dynamics, Helios and other). Among the accomplished projects include:
- Comprehensive management of internal procedural documents - Guidelines, process descriptions, model documents, standards
- Digitizing and managing contractual documentation –integration with a scanning station (internal and external), creating views and searches, workflow and integration with other internal systems
- Invoice storage – access management based on organizational structure, easy invoice search, connection to the main information system and to outsourcing company which provides scanning operations
- Invoices workflow invoices - including integration with information system
- Introduction to applicable documents - recorded document introduction process, which may be placed at any location within the relevant portal
- Electronic registry - incoming and outgoing mail record-keeping system
- Distribution of template documents directly to Office
- External document library for the main information system - easy availability of IS documents without the need to use IS client, reduction of data volumes stored in the main information system database, full text search, etc.
- Manage information on the implementation of the contract - creating a custom repository for data exchange between the portal and IS to help users access to comprehensive information on the offer. Establishing libraries to the main IS
- Document management application used by management body meetings - for example by the Board and the City Council, Board of Directors of large companies, project committees, etc.
- Project management application (grants) - this application processes initial project information, applications, contracts, project orders/contracts, statements or reports, budgets, etc.
The main extension produced by our company is an application called controlled DOCUMENTATION designed for managing all management documents that the company creates, approve and need their records - guidelines, procedures, employment contracts, contracts with suppliers, job descriptions, documentation OSH, and many others.
Controlled documentation application has been designed for Microsoft SharePoint (both for (Foundation and Server), where the document library feature is used and extended. Thanks to the use of SharePoint and its close integration with the Microsoft Office environment, the application is easily controlled, intuitive and user-friendly and may be used by all regular users. Controlled documentation as the solution for simple and efficient management of information and documents allows the user the following:
- Document preparation - team processing, commenting, approving
- Controlled distribution and inspections - mandatory introduction to documentation, versioning, revisions, archiving, authorization set up and distribution list
- Clear display - tree structure, defined views based on user requirements, display based on authorization/permits
- Searching through the contents and description of documents (full text), structure filtering
- Reporting – overviews for administrators and users (focusing on introduction to documentation, reviews, documentation structure, etc.)
- Thanks to extension modules also management of INTERNAL AUDITS and CORRECTIVE ACTIONS
Application platform and Workflow
In addition to the main information system, every organization has many requirements regarding other processing applications. An ideal solution is to connect application and information platforms into one central location, where users can control all their information needs. CDL provides and also develops (based on orders) processing applications using the Microsoft SharePoint platform, sometimes added with NINTEX Workflow. These applications may control information and process documents or intelligent forms.
In this way we may create many various applications, which may work as standalone applications, or may be part of an intranet portal. Users usually access these applications through a web browser. Use and control is very easy and intuitive because it is based on the same principle, much like other features built in SharePoint technology.
Thanks to prepared and completed environment functions, the development of applications is quick and therefore less expensive. This environment also includes tools used for integration with other information systems or with external data sources.
Customers who want to be able to easily modify the completed solution by themselves in the future may utilize the processing solution NINTEX Workflow. This SharePoint extension produced by the Australian company NINTEX (our direct partner), allows you to create quickly and easily even difficult applications using graphic designer software, for which you do not need any special programmer training. This solution also offers additional benefits, such as automatic substitutions/representation, an approval process without the need to have an account in the company system, etc.
For our customers we have solved a wide range of requirements, including:
- Form workflow for various processes - beginning of employment, end of employment, vacations, travel orders, purchase orders, vehicle reservations, material checkout and many others.
- Application for HR departments (medical exam and training plans).
- Media monitoring - central location for distribution of information describing the relevant organization and its line of business in the press.
- Administration of essential documents used by management - project record-keeping and management of agendas necessary for project approval, publication of business performance/economic data, etc.
- Insolvency monitoring - centralization of information describing customer insolvencies, option to use several data sources - including external ones.
- Centralization and distribution of information describing prices in the relevant business field - centralization and presentation of information describing various price indicators (such as prices of commodities, margins, shares, etc.).
- Electronic registry - incoming and outgoing mail record-keeping system.
- Collection and processing of customer requests received from WWW server of the organization.
- Building maintenance helpdesk.
- Customer satisfaction surveys.
- Production monitoring.
- Tools used for service unit resource planning - order list for individual servicing units.
- And other interesting solutions.
For the SharePoint technology we have also a ready-made solution for maintaining the knowledge base of the organization. This solution is based on the categorization of information and the fulltext search and is suitable eg. for sales teams, employees of call centers, and other organizational units that need to store extensive information base and clearly and quickly make it available to the workers serving customers.
The solution offered provides:
- Managing textual information and documents (types of information and documents can be specified per deployment)
- Information and documents divided into several categories
- Information and documents can be further divided into different workspaces and so separated for various departments, teams, etc.
- by category (chosen categories, see the tree on the home page ZB).
- in fulltext
- more accurately (general question can be refined by clicking).
- Individual documents, information and workspaces can be secured using the permissions (read, write).
- Ensures familiarization and reports on apprising with the new document or information